- -

January 23, 2012

Gracias, como siempre, por su apoyo y por su amor. Realmente puedo sentirles en mi lado y les agradezco por el amor que siempre me han mostrado. There's your spanish for today. This week was super different and a little challenging but it was good. The first night i told E. Morales, "This is my first transfer as senior companion so you're gonna have to help me out." And he's really good so he's been helping me, mostly reminding me of the things that we should be doing that i forget. This week was good in that we baptized the little kid in the family that used to be inactive. Now they're active and in fact the father is now going to help us out with teaching other less active families which is cool. This week was not good in finding new people. One of the new trends in the mission is a new goal--we need to be contacting 10 people in the street every day. It's something that we haven't been doing but that we're going to do. It was a learning experience this first week and now we're set to have some new people and hopefully some baptisms in the coming weeks. This week is going to be pretty cool. This friday and saturday night we're going to have an activity in the stake. Its for nonmembers mostly--its called Viaje a Hawaii, or trip to hawaii for you only english speakers haha. The people are going to "get on a plane" and they're going to "die." Then they're going to go through rooms that represent the Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial Kingdoms and learn about who goes where. (I know they skip The spirit world but the lady who's doing it says it'd be too much work.) Its gonna be cool. Also Saturday during the day the whole zone is going to go to a small ranch that doesn't have missionaries and we're gonna contact and visit less actives to see if there should be missionaries put there. So that's cool too. So we're going to lose some time from normal proselyting but it'll be good. And that's the rundown.

Don't worry about the whole package thing, mom. I love the thought :) And I'm gonna make something out of the stuff--though i'm getting pretty lazy at cooking--i have no desire to take the time to cook something but i'm gonna do it. Also, i got a little lazy writing in my journal, but i'm getting back on track with that too. And i'll get the address of that family for ya if you really want to. And dad, thanks for that story-i think you told me that before and its an awesome story. By the way, i don't know if you knew but there isn't any punctuation on that dictating thingy magiger. It was kinda tough to read. Worldly stuff....i hate the Patriots. That's all i gotta say. Hopefully the 49ers won--for the same reason that they haven't won it in so long--and the Giants already had their shot at the Patriots. That's all i got about the worldly stuff. The thought came into my mind yesterday cause i have a bit of time to think cause my stomach was acting up and i couldn't work because of that, that i would be missing out on the super bowl this year. But then i realized that its really unimportant in the scheme of life and so the thought left. Not to say that you shouldn't watch it and tell me all about it haha.

This week i read D&c 100 which is a section bien chaca (that's like awesome). Its a rev. to JoSmith and Sidney Ridgon when they arrived in a certain city to preach. Dice: "3 Behold, and lo, I have much people in this place, in the regions round about; and an effectual door shall be opened in the regions round about in this eastern land. 4 Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the asalvation of souls.5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; aspeak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be bconfounded before men;6 For it shall be agiven you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye adeclare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.8 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the aHoly Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say." As a missionary i'm here because the Lord wants me to be here. I'm in this area for the same. I'm senior comp for the same. I'm with E. Morales for the same. I have the mission president that i do for the same. Everything in the mission happens (as long as i'm obedient) because the Lord wants it to be that way. Its the same at home. We have the relationships and the neighbors we do because the Lord wants it that way (hopefully). For that same reason we have to open our mouths and share the Gospel with our neighbors--and i love verse 8, which is the promise. I invite you, my family, and others who might have the awesome fortune (jk) of reading this to pray to have the strength and to remove the fear of sharing the gospel with others. Pray to have missionary experiences. Pray to remember the names of people who might need the gospel right now to give references to the missionaries. And then do it. (Please give references to the missionaries, when you've really thought and prayed--its kinda frustrating when there aren't any. I now know from experience). Es todo, amigos (That's all my friends).

Well, have an awesome week. I'll be praying for ya'll.

--Elder Crisp
Que tengan buena semana!