- -

May 14, 2012

Well I hope you all had an awesome Mothers Day. Happy Mothers Day to everyone that I didnt talk to yesterday. Grandma, Happy Mothers Day. Katie, Happy Mothers DAy. And Happy Mothers Day to everyone out there who is a mother. Like I said yesterday to mom, we are kinda struggling a bit right now. We have to find some new investigators and im trying to do all i can--contact everyone in the street, ask for references from members and all that. I cant help but think that my comp is dying a little bit. Ever since he talked with his mom hes been spending a lot of time meditating to himself. I cant help but think that hes thinking alot about home and its hard cause when i want to stop to talk to someone he keeps walking with thinking or noticing and it makes the contact really awkward. But this will probably be the last week i have with him--if not, Im gonna work hard to keep him living so that we can keep working and we can save this area from the depths of despair and unsuccess. Just know that im not gonna die until June 3, 2013. You can count on that :)

Well, i figured that mom told most of the people that will be reading this what i said in the phonecall so i will skip that stuff and go on to a spiritual thought. Its from a talk from GC that i loved from Pres. Eyring about trials. I liked this part that he shared, "It is never too late to strengthen the foundation of faith. There is always time. With faith in the Savior, you can repent and plead for forgiveness. There is someone you can forgive. There is someone you can thank. There is someone you can serve and lift. You can do it wherever you are and however alone and deserted you may feel." I liked another part (and ill leave the link at the end), where he shares when he asked for a trial to help him grow. I have realized in my time here in the mission that i have been so blessed in my life. I have never gone through a trial of faith that was not caused by own disobedience. Never. And still, even through all the tough times i have had in the mission, i dont consider that i have had one. But really trials help us to grow. And i would invite you all to ask for that opportunity to learn. Many of you are already suffering really tough trials, and i would invite you to take advantage of them. I am going to get on my knees tonight and i am giong to aks for that opportunity to learn. And we will see what i learn :) Heres the link http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/mountains-to-climb?lang=eng

Well, i hope to say a lot more the next week and i expect to tell you of all the awesome investigators that we found in this week. I will probably have a new companion or a new area or maybe no change at all. But i will tell you all about it next week. I hope you have an awesome week and that we can learn from all the experiences that our Heavenly Father has given us. ¡Que tengan buena semana!

--Elder Crisp

See New Pictures

PS I hope that that picture shows up better than how it looks from here. Its from the Conference with Elder Tenorio. I felt so special cause i got to sit in one of the chairs in front cause im a zone leader :P If it sucks as bad as i see it right now oh well.