- -

May 21, 2012

Well this week was pretty good. We buckled down and did some really good work. We found 2 people who accepted baptismal dates. One we found looking for a less active member. We found his sister in law who lives with his family. Her name is Mayra. All of her family is member but she hasnt been baptized. She says that shes not ready. But we taught the Restoration and she accepted a baptismal date. The main problem here is that people dont wanna get up for church but she went to church. She didnt go with us but she went with her mom who lives in another city. But she went so thats awesome. Well see if shes prepared to be baptized June 1st (the day i complete 1 year :P). We also met a man knocking doors named Sebastian. We found him Thurs in the afternoon but he didnt have time so we set a appt for Fri. He told us that he felt so peaceful all night and all day that he was really excited when we got back to teach him Fri. He felt the spirit soooo strong--he tried to explain how awesome he felt but he couldnt. It was awesome. We have an appt with him tonight at 8. We¨ll see if his wife is there--she was excited too but she works alot so well see. Also, a family arrived at church yesterday. The husband as baptized when he was a kid but left the church and suddenly felt that he should go back and that his wife should learn about the church. We are going to go teach em tomorrow. We are really seeing miracles right now. Just in time for the changes! My comp left for Guasave, a little town with a bunch of ranchos. He thought they were gonna lower him to District leader but he stayed as zone leader. I am now with E. Cruz (extending my mexican comp streak to 7) from Yucatan. Hes my brother (meaning he and i had the same trainer. In fact I have 2, E. Cruz and E. Ramirez, who is Assistant! My papi would be so proud of us :´( haha) Anyway, hes awesome and not dead at all so I foresee a lot of success in Villa Verde Ward and the Culiacan Zone. I am now Senior Zone Leader meaning i am completely in charge and responsable for the zone. I really felt the pressure of that responsibiltiy last night, but I offered a prayer and felt a grand peace. My patriarchal blessing says that i would help companionships to serve better and more lovingly and i feel that this is the opportunity to do it. Now im super pumped! haha

I was thinking a lot about what Mom explained to me about a certain brother of mine. I thought of this scripture: "14 And ye will not suffer your achildren that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye bsuffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and cquarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of sin, or who is the devil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being an enemy to all righteousness. 15 But ye will ateach them to bwalk in the ways of truth and csoberness; ye will teach them to dlove one another, and to serve one another." It is never to late to teach and be an example to our kids (speaking as if i had them haha). I will do as you have suggested mother. But your example I feel will serve him better than my testimony. He¨ll come to his senses seeing your example and by hearing YOUR testimony every morning. But maybe thats just me.

Well i didnt have much time to write because we spent almost all day at the bus station waiting for the newbies. Have an awesome week and be sure to read the scriptures and pray EVERY DAY!!! ¡Que tengan buena semana y recuerden a leer las escrituras y orar TODOS LOS DIAS!

--Elder Crisp :)