- -

June 11, 2012

Well, i wish that you´ve all had an awesome week. I remembered like on Saturday that Stephen had graduated and it was super weird. Thanks for the pics--i do have at least one for you. This week we had a Leaders Seminar. It was awesome. I learned so much--there´s so many things that i have to learn. Many people think that leadership positions are like prizes for baptizing but thats not how it is--i still dont consider myself a good missionary. There are so many things that i have to change and i am giong to put into practice all the revelation that i recieved for my zone, my area, and myself. That´s all i´m gonna say about that. But yesterday kinda sucked cause we didnt bring anyone to church. Its only happened like 4 times in my whole mission but this one hurt the worst cause we had just learned all that stuff. And as we were sitting in sac meeting i felt "well i did all i could, they just didn´t show up." But then i felt an impression that said, "Open your Bible." So i did and i opened to a story in the Old Testament....

Its in 1 Samuel chapter 15: "3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly adestroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. 9 But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.11 aIt brepenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night.12 And when Samuel rose early to meet Saul in the morning, it was told Samuel, saying, Saul came to Carmel, and, behold, he set him up a place, and is gone about, and passed on, and gone down to Gilgal.13 And Samuel came to Saul: and Saul said unto him, Blessed be thou of the Lord: I have performed the commandment of the Lord.18 And the Lord sent thee on a journey, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.19 Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the Lord, but didst fly upon the spoil, and didst evil in the sight of the Lord?" I know its long but its all important. The point was that Saul said that he had obeyed everything but he really hadnt. When we say that we did everything but it didn´t turn out its not true. Theres ALWAYS something that wecan do better. And like Saul, I was yelled at by the spirit. Man, the scriptures are awesome.

We had the seminar almost all this week so there wasnt much progress with our investigators but its all good. We are going to improve and you will see that in nexts weeks letter.

Thanks for sending the pics. Man, Ben is almost as tall as Dad! Thats crazy. Its funny that you still dont remember thats im not there, Mom. But seriously this year has gone by so ridiculously fast that i cant blame you. Its crazy to think that all my life i have been waiting for this time and it goes by so fast. But thats life. Congrats on the Baseball championship--2 in a row! Its weird to think that i missed both. (Warning:worldly alert) Thats awesome that the Dodgers keep on keeping on. I actually saw a comercial on TV and saw that the Thunder and Heat were playing (yes i repented). I wonder how many times two teams with a teamname in the singular form have played (that something to think about.) Well thats all i got for the worldly stuff.....Gracias papa por el mensaje. Lo he dicho mucho--que bueno que hablas español porque voy a batallar muchisimo por hablar en ingles cuando llegue--tal vez tengas que traducir en mi mensaje de bienvenida jaja. Pero falta un año todavia. Es lo bueno....Mom, when you commented on what ben had said, i literally started tearing up a bit. (Yes i´m a little more sensitive now so i tear up more) That´s awesome that its in the plan. I´m sure its just a phase--he´ll get into reading and praying and all that. I didn´t do it as much as i could have at that age either--it´ll all come dont worry. (And i do remember seeing "Sister" Fronk in the MTC. Just so ya know) Well thats all i got for that.

Important: Well, they are inviting us to work more with family history. All i have is the family tree that we made by hand. But we have to send a copy to President´s wife at the end of this month to prove that we have one but i want a pretty printed one--Could you do it for me and email a copy? I can print it out here, but the one i have is ugly and i dont wanna use it. That would be awesome if you wouldnt forget. So write it down haha.

Well thats all i got for you. I hope to have many awesome experiences to share the next week. But have an awesome week (and summer) off! ¡Que tengan buena semana!

--Elder Crisp :)


See New Pictures

The photo that i put is my mission family. My "papa" Elder (now Brother) Young came back to visit. The mexicans are my older"brothers." The one next to me is my companion Elder Cruz. The other is Elder Ramirez, one of the Assistants to President. We have an awesome family :)